In every profession, especially the funeral profession, you should strive to be a lifelong learner. By continuing your education long after mortuary school, you can keep up with the latest funeral profession trends. Because, as you know, they’re constantly changing.
Staying up to date on the funeral profession doesn’t have to be difficult. We know funeral directors have busy schedules, so we’ve compiled some easy ways to stay informed. Check out these funeral profession resources below!
Like us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on funeral news and trends!
Read Funeral Profession Blogs
Start by reading funeral profession blogs. Many of these blogs include information for helping both your client families and your funeral home’s staff.
Below are just a few noteworthy blogs:
- The Order of the Good Death blog — The Order of the Good Death was founded by Funeral Director Caitlin Doughty to help funeral professionals promote death positivity. In the blog, you can learn about new ways to approach the topic of death.
- Confessions of a Funeral Director — Funeral Director Caleb Wilde takes a more humorous approach at death and working in the funeral profession. His blog provides relatable experiences of working at a funeral home.
- Frazer Consultants Blog — Our blog covers a variety of topics to help funeral directors expand their skillsets, from marketing advice to the latest funeral profession trends. We also have a For Families blog category filled with articles perfect for sharing on your funeral home’s social media pages.
As the Senior Content Specialist at Frazer Consultants, it’s my top priority to provide funeral professionals with informative content. I’m constantly learning about the funeral profession and marketing strategies to help funeral homes stay successful. If there are any topics you’d like us to cover, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Email Newsletters
Subscribing to email newsletters saves you time since the information goes directly to your email inbox! It’s also in a concise format that’s already broken down into the main points. And, best of all? They’re completely free!
Below are some of the most follow-worthy funeral profession email newsletters:
- Funeral Business Briefing — This newsletter produced by Funeral Business Advisor covers the latest news and trends in the funeral profession.
- Funeral Service Extra — Produced by Kates-Boylston, this newsletter covers current events and continuing education opportunities.
- Frazer Newsletter — Our weekly newsletter covers funeral news, the latest funeral profession articles, educational videos and resources, and more! Fill out the form at the top of this blog post to subscribe!
However, you don’t have to stop there! Follow email newsletters on other relevant topics, such as marketing and business tips. Additionally, subscribe to Google Alerts for relevant topics. A few relevant topics to follow are funerals, funeral homes, funeral directors, cremation, and green burial. You also should follow your funeral home’s name, so you’re notified when your business is mentioned in news articles.
Follow Influential Funeral Professionals on Social Media
Social media is a powerful tool for both sharing and learning new information. By following influential funeral professionals on social media, you can make some new connections while learning something new.
These are a few prominent people and social media pages to follow:
Caitlin Doughty — We mentioned her earlier as the founder of The Order of the Good Death, but she does so much more for the funeral profession. From being an author to a public speaker in addition to a funeral director, she’s definitely someone to follow on social media.
Modern Mortician — Another influential funeral director who is embracing new ideas is the Modern Mortician, Melissa Unfred. She and her grief therapy dog Kermit are aiming to create a more death-positive society. She’s another must-follow funeral director on social media.
Frazer Consultants — We’re constantly updating our social media pages with informational and inspirational content for funeral directors. From blog posts to videos, you’ll always learn something new when following our social media pages.
Join LinkedIn Groups for Funeral Professionals
Speaking of social media, LinkedIn is a great tool for connecting with other funeral professionals and being a lifelong learner. By joining funeral profession groups, funeral professionals can share ideas and resources. A few of the top groups to join are Funeral Service Insider, National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA), and International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association.
Utilize These Other Funeral Profession Resources
These are a few more beneficial funeral profession resources to follow: