We know that funeral directors are always on the go, waiting for a phone call at any moment. That means things such as planning dinner can easily be interrupted. That’s why we started a new segment called Last Bites.
Each month, we’ll share an easy-to-make recipe that happens to be delicious and healthy too! This way, you’ll have the energy to make it through your often busy days and have something tasty to look forward to!
Like us on Facebook and sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on funeral news and trends!
This Month’s Recipe: Memorial Day Pizza Pasta Salad
This month’s recipe comes straight from my kitchen! Pasta salad is one of my favorite summer side dishes — it’s easy to make and has so many variations!
This Memorial Day Pizza Pasta Salad is perfect for the upcoming holiday. It only takes 15 minutes to make — leaving extra time for you to enjoy the day with family. Check out the video below to get started.
- 1 lb of cavatappi pasta, cooked and drained
- 16 oz of cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 3 oz of sliced pepperoni
- 3/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
Prep work: Cook and drain cavatappi pasta.
- Cube 16 oz of cheddar cheese.
- Slice 1 bunch of green onions.
- Dice and remove seeds from 3 medium tomatoes.
- Combine 3/4 cup of canola oil, 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar, 2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 2 tsp of dried oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Combine 1 lb of cooked cavatappi pasta with the prepared tomatoes, cheddar cheese, green onions, and pepperoni in a large bowl.
- Pour liquid mixture over the cavatappi pasta mixture and toss to fully coat pasta salad.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Memorial Day is a day to honor those who sacrificed so much for our country. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your service.
What’s your favorite side dish to make? Share by commenting below!