A funeral home website should create a simple, intuitive, and interactive experience for client families. A well-designed and functional funeral home website can help set a funeral home apart from the competitor down the street.
In this day and age, every funeral home needs a website. But, what a lot of funeral professionals may fail to realize is that the funeral home website design and functionality truly is the first impression client families get of that funeral home. In the past, the first meeting with a client family set the tone for the future relationship. Today, a funeral home website is the new “first meeting” and, as with most situations, it’s important to make a good first impression.
Here are some important things to consider when determining if your funeral home website design measures up and sets you apart from the competitor down the street.
Does Your Website Have the Following?
1. Obituaries — Funeral professionals should be able to quickly post obituaries on their own website.
2. Obituary Notification System — This tool allows friends and family to sign up for obituary notifications. Whenever a funeral home posts an obituary on their website, family and friends automatically receive an email notification keeping them informed and the funeral home’s name in front of families.
3. Preplanning Form — Providing families with an online form that collects the information necessary to complete a preplan through the funeral home’s website enables a family to gather the information and complete the form at their own pace, on their own time.
4. Content Management System —Websites are such an important tool for every business nowadays. It’s important to be able to make changes and updates quickly and easily and have full control over the website via an administration panel.
5. Online Tributes — Online Tribute Videos are no longer just an option for funeral home websites, they are a necessity. Families love being able to view these Tribute Videos and remember their loved ones forever online. Families tend to revisit these online memorials hundreds of times which can mean referrals to your funeral home.
6. Online Guestbook — This is an ideal solution for creating a truly interactive website. With an online guestbook, visitors can not only leave text-based messages but video and audio-based messages as well.
7. Community Events Calendar — To establish your funeral home as a pillar of the community, adding a local events calendar can help make the funeral home website the community’s destination for all local upcoming events.
8. Virtual Showroom — Listing all of your products online through a virtual showroom module is a great way to present all the options to families such as caskets, urns, vaults, and keepsakes so that they are better informed when it comes time to make arrangements.
9. Contact Form — This may be a simple thing, but many websites fail to even include an online form. In the past, families may have found a funeral home’s phone number in the phonebook and called in person; however, times have changed and an online contact form is a must.
10. Map & Directions — A final, yet very important tool is to provide an integration with Google Maps that friends and family can use to find your funeral home easily.
For a funeral home website design solution that empowers the funeral professional and delivers an interactive experience to the families they serve, give us a call at 866-372-9372 or fill out the form below.